Sunday 3 October 2010

Thoughts

After changing the link in the messages I was able to send it to the remainder of my friends on Facebook.


It's starting to occur to me that there isn't much time left for promoting. One of the Hospice's other events had been promoted for 9 months prior to it happening and it was a great success raising £20k, but there had been resources used for promotion. So Far I have not spent a penny on promotion and would like to avoid it as I haven't got any and that this is a charitable event.

There's also another way to look at it. I could spend some of my credit on a card for fliers and posters, but perhaps something in me doesn't believe this would work. That I'd never get a return. Maybe this lack of belief stops me from acting, I don't know. What I do know is that when I remove all pressure on myself, as in "this will work, because it has to work", then I personally have more motivation to act. The focus then is on finding solutions and trying them out.

So today I sent messages to my local friends on Facebook directing them to the competition blog and asking for help and one person responded positively.

Lessons learned:

Don't expect that everyone will go with me, but concentrate on those who will. Could also measure the rate of reaction like a proper marketer would.

When I don't pressure a result on myself I am more focused on work and solutions. Results happen as a bonus. Perhaps a review of the Epic Win should be in place

No comments:

Post a Comment