Thursday 9 September 2010

New mindset helps at work

Since I've changed the rules and attained the "improvement" mindset I have found my regular full time job easier.

The task list shrank and I didn't even notice it happening because I was concentrated on answering: "Why am I doing this?" and "How and what can I improve?" questions. There's a lot for me to improve and I challenge myself in simple ways like: "How long will it take me to make 14 phone calls? I measured that and compared a few days in a row. There is lots of room for improving that, but would be best done without interruptions from worker bees.

Why am I doing this? - it helps with starting whatever I'd been postponing

How can I improve? - helps with engagement and makes even the boring tasks bearable. It also helps with focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment