Friday 19 November 2010

17 hours over three weeks

One of the projects I've been working on has taken me so far only 17 hours (less than that if we subtract all the time wasters - one day this will be my next task - to streamline my morning work) over a period of nearly three weeks.

This brings me to a conclusion that it's not that these things don't take a lot of time, but the work isn't condensed, therefore in reality it drags out into weeks or even months. 

Another conclusion is that this is all new to me, a learning curve exists. I take time to read a book on the subject I'm working on (like positioning).

Lastly there are doubts and fears that will hold me back. These are probably the biggest culprits to me procrastinating.

The exercise I'm doing now is creating tons of anxiety which I'm successfully mitigating with the use of the ego Shield and the Assumption Assassin, but until I finish with it, I probably won't have much rest.

What I hope to get out of it is not a working business (the exercise is in product design and marketing), but the lessons in conquering my own fears, assumptions and unlocking myself (I must keep reminding myself of this...).

This is my second full project I intend to bring to fruition after the photo competition. What I hope to learn is a better understanding of product creation from choosing a target market first >>> then creating a product for it. I usually went the other way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment